Sunday, December 23, 2012

Kasen

I am so excited to have the opportunity to give a gift to my sister.  I presented her with a fun and easy way to preserve memories.  I had fun working on the first page of this scrapbook with the help of a pro, Mandy!  The book starts off with a handwritten letter to my nephew, Kasen...

Kasen,

You are here!  And you are precious.  Oh, how you have been prayed for.  I don't know at what point in your journey that you will read this but I pray my words will bless your heart.  You are only four months old but you have already stolen many hearts.  To gaze into your big, bright eyes is to know that there is a God in heaven.  A God who knit you together and brought you into this world for a purpose.  You see, while you are the first from your mother's womb that I have held, you are not the first I have loved.  You have two siblings awaiting in eternity.  My arms have ached to hold them.  Your parents' arms have ached and longed to hold them and look into their eyes.  But, Jesus needed to hold them first.  I know that one day they will greet me.  They will greet your parents.  I pray they will greet you as well.  God has set eternity in our hearts.  He has given us the opportunity to accept His Son as our savior so that we can worship Him as King of kings and LORD of Lords forever and ever.  When the Spirit calls you, listen.  Your path will be made straight and your burdens shared with Jesus.  I want nothing more for you than for you to love the Lord your God with all your heart.

You have my love and support, always.  I love your parents.  Your mom is an inspiration to me.  I am proud of her and I pray you will be as well.  I know that she is cherishing each moment with you.  You can hug her as often as you want to.  She has held you and rocked you and watched you grow.  When you were born I wept.  I wept with such joy.  I wept that your beautiful mother was finally holding the fruit of her labor.

You are wanted.   You are loved.  You are cherished.

Love,  Aunt Lilli


No comments:

Post a Comment