Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Beginning of Ponderings

Well, here goes. 
I fancy myself a over-analyzer ponderer.  I soak things in.  Deep.  In fact, I've been over-analyzing blogging for quite some time.  Time.  And purpose.  That's what I've been waiting on.  I'm not sure what shape this blog will take but I know that it will offer me a way to organize some of my ponderings.  If I'm the only one that actually reads the words, I'm okay with that.   If there are few or frequent updates, I'm okay with that. 

What I desire is to put what is within my heart in black and white; be it beautiful, ugly, silly, inspiring or worrying.

I am seeking after the Lord and finding how pure and beautiful that is.  He is growing and changing my heart and I hope I never ask Him to stop, even though a dear friend and I frequently discuss bringing the easy flannel-graph-Jesus back into our lives to make things easier.  ;-)  Fluffy Jesus.  The Jesus that doesn't go any deeper than being your Savior.  Oh, how the fact that I even need a Savior is deep and enlightening.  Although staying in the shallow end seems appealing, it leaves me moving Bible figures around on a flannel-graph and wasting this vapor of a life I have been given.

Deeper.  Real.  Defaulting to the things of the Spirit and not the flesh.  

But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language...Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:8 & 12 These verses tell me that I have a long way to go but I hope I never stop moving closer to the Heart of my Creator, Savior, Friend and Lord.

The things the Lord has led our family to change or be more faithful to obey in have been painful only to the flesh...How beautiful I have come to see obedience.   I didn't say easy.  I said beautiful.  Beautiful is seldom easy.  Look at the journey from caterpillar to butterfly.  Hold a long-awaited newborn.  Look at God's plan of redemption.  Beautiful...

I hope that getting a glimpse into this journey that I am stumbling along will cause you to smile, seek the Lord, encourage others, but, most of all, to ponder!


1 comment: