Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Count it all Joy


Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  James 1:2-3
Apparently, I'm slated for Perseverance 101; Teacher - God

What an adventure my family has begun.  As crazy and chaotic as our lives have been and as often as I've been overwhelmed physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, my joy is in the LORD and He strengthens me and gives me peace.  I appreciate the moments of laughter and sunshine found in our present difficulties.  Go ahead, laugh with me...
Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.  James 4:17
Do you think that verse applies to retrieving Grandma's dentures when she asks?  LOL  In order for this not to be gross, it must be funny!

Along with Grandma and husband, Chuck, came their poodle...a boy poodle...a boy poodle named Buffy.  Seriously?

Grandma has NEVER kept a balance in her checkbook, and the only transactions she records are checks she has written.  This must remain in the laugh-it-off category so that I don't scream!

Madelynn knows how to turn off Grandma's oxygen machine. Okay, so that sounds serious rather than funny but we have resolved the issue.  It happening one time can be funny.  ;-)

I have much to rejoice over! 
Wonderfully supportive and involved husband
Fabulously loving children
Opportunity to live out Christ's amongst the lost
Precious moments of renewed perspective
Friends praying and cooking for us!!!  (great demonstration of Christ's love for the lost to see and yummy)


Today, most of all, I'm rejoicing over my God being a God of details.  I marvel at His faithfulness to me.  What He orchestrates just to reach my heart and refresh my soul amazes me.  He reminds me that I'm not the center of the universe (I need to be reminded of this frequently) and, yet, He reminds me of His personal touch in my life. 
Yesterday He sent a sweet friend, Claire, to be His mouthpiece of confirmation and encouragement. 

Today, I silently worshiped Him as my Bible study ladies sang my most favorite hymn.  I love singing to the Lord but I was unable to today.  I just listened to His praise from the lips of His daughters.  Kings and kingdoms.  Oh, they'll all pass away.  But there's something about that name.  Jesus.  My savior, friend, and intercessor.  He intercedes for me!  Because of that...


I have learned the secret of being content...And I can do everything through him who gives me strength...even take care of dentures!





No comments:

Post a Comment